Did you know...
TAPinto is a network of independently owned and operated local news franchises. Our franchisees fill a major void in educating the community about their surroundings. We specialize in connecting businesses and organizations to the communities we serve through content and marketing opportunities.
Your Neighborhood News Online!
TAPinto is a successful local media network with more than 85 franchised locations in New Jersey, New York, Florida and Texas, and growing! Our specialty is building a virtuous circle in our communities by providing local residents with original local news and local marketing, which in turn supports our local businesses. While other media companies have abandoned our local communities, our local franchisees are small business owners and embrace the small business mindset, which is evident throughout our model and our local news network.
TAPinto is unlike any other media company you've seen. We are revolutionizing the media landscape through local ownership backed by the power and know-how of an 85-plus location media network. Our family atmosphere provides franchise owners with the ability to own and operate their business, while we provide them with a strong support system and a blueprint for success.
Our low cost of entry and little overhead provides franchise owners the opportunity to recoup your costs quickly. In fact, many franchise owners regain their initial investment in less than one year!
Additionally, our sales model is focused on collaboration and cross-sales, leaving nearly limitless room for growth.
You might make a good franchise owner if:
- You are self-motivating and want to be your own boss.
- You are sales oriented and love to network
- You have 4-6 months of expendable income
- People enjoy being in your presence
- You are open to new skills and can adapt to our proven sales model!
You might not be the right fit if:
- Sales is not your thing
- You don't like putting yourself out there to get to know people
- You need immediate cashflow
- You need to be told what to do and how to do it every day
- You are intimidated by being your own boss
“A lot of thought went into my decision to franchise TAPinto. I felt there was a real void in local daily news. South Plainfield only had a weekly print paper and there was little coverage of those things that affect the community. TAPinto represented the opportunity to jump into a business that made sense while filling this news void for our town.”
John "Ferris" Meredith
"In just my first year of owning and operating TAPinto Wayne, I will finish this year profitable and with my site generating close to 100,000 pageviews per month. TAPinto Wayne has already become a household name and franchising with TAPinto has been the best decision I've made."
"In some way my entire career has focused on creating and implementing communications strategies for my employers and clients. The opportunity to take that in a new direction, developing and delivering appealing content through an already known and respected platform was too good to pass up."
When you franchise with TAPinto, you are the BOSS!
You are awarded a territory that you control, including all content and advertising sales to local businesses within your designated territory.
You pay a small initial fee, low monthly ongoing fee, and standard royalty. In exchange, you become part of one of the largest networks of independent local news businesses in the country.
TAPinto invites you to an informational webinar about starting your own TAPinto business in your area.
TAPinto provides franchise owners with a blueprint for success. Here's why you should consider starting a business in your area:
- Low entry cost and little overhead
- Many franchisees recoup their investment by the end of their first year
- Current franchisees have seen an average of 10 percent growth in advertising revenue, even during a national pandemic
- Readership has grown more than 50 percent during the last 12 months
- Strong and ongoing support system provided to help you succeed
Sign up for an upcoming webinar TODAY!
Your investment in a TAPinto franchise includes:
- Initial Franchisee Fee = $4,000
- Monthly Franchise Fee = $400-600 depending on size of territory
- Media Liability Insurance = approximately $320 per year
- Continuing Licensing Fee = 10 percent of all revenue
Additional operating expenses could include:
- Full or part-time Editor/Reporter
- Full or part-time Advertising Sales Person
Operating expenses vary franchise-to-franchise, depending on how the business is operated.
If TAPinto is the right fit for you, we'd love to talk to you. Please fill out the form below so we can begin our Prospect Profile. Once we receive your profile, we will send you our franchising brochure and a prospect questionnaire.
Our Prospect Education phase lasts between 1-2 months and includes the following steps and requirements:
- Completed Prospect Profile so we can establish if you're the right fit
- Speak with our Franchise Development team to learn about every aspect of our opportunity
- Attend an Information Webinar and speak with a current franchise owner
- Review our Franchise Disclosure Document
- APPLY and get awarded a franchise by our Prospective Franchisee Committee
This information is not intended as an offer to sell a franchise. It is for informational purposes only. Certain states regulate the offer and sale of franchises. If you are a resident of one of those states, we will not offer you a franchise unless and until we have complied with applicable pre-sale registration and disclosure requirements.